Thursday, July 17, 2014
As a member of Influenster.com I received in my #SurfsUpVoxBox Not Your Mother's Beach Babe #NYMBeachBabe texturizing shampoo & conditioner for testing purposes. My first thoughts upon trying the products were that I loved the smell, very "beachy". It did create some texture in my hair, I would say akin to lightly dipping into the saltwater and letting your hair dry out. I did not blow dry my hair or add any further products so I'm sure a better texturized, beachy look could be created. I recommend this for days when you're on the run and don't want to fuss with your hair. Here's how my hair ended up looking the day after I washed it with Not Your Mother's Beach Babe shampoo and conditioner. I let it air dry for this look.
Posted by Chic Giselle at 10:13 AM
Thursday, May 1, 2014
REVIEW: MONTAGNE JEUNESSE ~ MANUKA HONEY PEEL OFF
Received my VivaVoxBox compliments of Influenster.com, and inside the box was this peel mask by Montagne Jeunesse. My initial thoughts on the product are as follows:
- Smell: If you like Jasmine and Honey you won't have a problem with this smell. For me the two scents just conflicted, and I'm not a big fan of Jasmine. So, personally it was not my favorite smell, but it's a face mask so I moved on.
- Application: Pretty easy, just tear away at the top of the package, and out comes this bright, honey-looking gel that you apply on your face with your hands. It went on smoothly, and was cool to the touch. There was a lot in the package so you will have plenty to put all over your face.
- Removal: Here's where points were loss for me. I waited about 20 minutes to remove the mask, and I could feel it harden as time went by. Perhaps I shouldn't have waited the maximum amount of time, but boy was it a pain to remove. This product is definitely not for those with small hair on their face, because it felt like slowly removing a band-aid from one's arm, but on your face. I did tear up and had to pause for a few seconds while removing the mask, so there was discomfort.
- Results after removing the mask: My face did feel very smooth and clean, beyond that no other noticeable results.
- Overall opinion: I have used a mask from this brand before, and this was my second time using it compliments of Influenster.com. I wouldn't go out and buy it, but if it were given to me as a present I would use it. Perhaps the clay masks may be a better option for me, so we shall see in the future.
Posted by Chic Giselle at 4:08 PM
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Friday, April 19, 2013
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Monday, October 15, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Machine Wash Warm by Machine Wash Warm is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.